Sunday, August 12, 2012

CATCHING UP 7/21-27-2012


DAY-261-262

7/21-22/2012

        I met up with Gus at 2pm with all my gear on and jumped on his extra bike which is a XR400 Honda, made in Brazil. We headed to the shop and hung out for awhile while everyone gathered and loaded up the bikes. We got out to the track around 3pm and they all took off and I hung out by the bottom of the track taking pictures. Jaen Paul asked me if I wanted to take out his 2010 CRF 450, which in Bolivia it cost 10k used!!!! I said yup and jumped on; I think he was a little nervous letting me take it. Although not as nervous as I was to take his expensive baby out on the rocky track. I took it super easy only hit a few small rollers and skipped the big jumps but was still a lot of fun. When I got back he asked if I liked it and of course I did, he then asked why I didn’t hit the big jumps I laughed and told him I already had one bike in the shop and I didn’t need two of them in the shop hahaha.. He cracked up laughing saying I was a smart kid. I was not about to take the chance of wrecking someone else’s bike for many reasons but mainly because it would of sucked to wreck my new friends bike specially when it is so hard to get parts for it here.. hahaha

Gus borrowed Rorro’s YZ and ended up doing a 20ft wheelie off of a roller and wrecking pretty good, but luckily the bike and he were fine.  Nicky’s Bike died after the third lap, Jaen Paul’s fuel pump started too acted up so they called it a day and loaded up the bikes while they waited for their little brother Peter to finish riding. We had a nice little dinner and I headed home for a nap and to mess around on Skype. Ended up talking with my Sister and my Nephew Devun for an hour or so. When I got back to my room saw I had 5 missed calls and two text messages asking where the hell I was. I quickly headed to the bar to meet Nicky, his wife, Gus, Rodrigo, and a few others. We hung out and had drinks until 2am and then tried to find a club to go to but ended up busting out and all headed home.



        Woke up feeling good and met up with Gus to catch a ride while grabbing a flat of beer and headed for Nicky’s house for a day of hanging out and BBQing. It was an awesome day there was 13 of us plus kids just hanging out eating awesome Bolivian steaks that were cooked on one of the coolest BBQ’s I have ever seen specially at someone’s house. We just hung out all day and everyone just treated me as if I was a long time friend or family member, so incredible. At the end of the night Patricha asked me to come to dinner on Monday. This past week I have spent a lot of time hanging out at the shopping trying to pitch in and help out as much as I can. It has truly been one of the best experiences of the trip so far this past month of being taken in as a family member and treated so amazing.. They are all becoming truly lifelong friends. I am so stoked that my bike decided to crap out here in Sucre and that I have met so many new awesome friends and family.



DAY 263-267

7/23-27/2012

        I got a call around 12:15pm from Nicky asking me where I was and if I was still coming to dinner!! When they say dinner they mean lunch, I quickly grabbed a cab and made it to the shop by 12:30 and headed for Nicky’s house for lunch with his family. We hung out and had a nice family lunching, then headed back to the shop. “Bolivia Off Road Tours” Which Nicky is apart of, were out for the day with a huge group doing a Quad tour. I headed to Florin where we always meet up just for a few drinks, Henry, Rorro, and friends were meeting up with their tour group for a few happy hour drinks. We had way more than a few and I finally made it home around 5am.

 To say the least I had a rough day, mainly very tired all day Tuesday. I spent a lot of time at the shop, I walked into the Express Post Office and the lady looked up from her desk and said “NO!” HAHAHA I walked out head hung…haha I headed to the shop and we all got a laugh out of the lady at the Post Office…  I went to Florin bar for some food and internet and fell asleep sitting up hahaha… I quickly paid my bill and headed for bed at 7:30pm and didn’t wake up until 9:30 the next day haha a nice 14hr sleep.

 I checked at the post office this time I got a “NO NADA” HAHA… I helped out the shop and Bolivian Off-Road by moving quads and bikes to their practice field for some guest. I then headed for Spanish classes, and wrote my teacher I was on my way. I got their and she was not there, I saw I had a text from her saying have a nice trip…what? I called and she said that she thought I had fixed my bike and just left Sucre; we both had a good laugh and changed classes for the next day.

The rest of the week was awesome, spending my days working on my writing, figuring out Light Room to make my pictures a little better, spending time with my new family/ friends, and just enjoying every minute of my adventure. I hung out at the shop a lot and going to Nicky’s for a few awesome meals with him and his rad family. I am so stoked to be where I am and with the people I am with, but everyday of going to the post office and being told no starts to nag at you, I am defiantly ready to ride again soon!! Haha But don’t get me wrong I am so grateful for this experience it has been incredible and keeps getting better.

Jean Paul THE OWNER WATCHING AS I LEAVE ON HIS BABY.. HAHAHA
SERGIO HITTING THE BIG TABLE JUMP
MESSING WITH COLORS IN "LIGHTROOM" RIDER SERGIO
JEAN PAUL HAVING FUN IN THE SUN
JEAN PAUL HITTING THE BIG TABLE
RORRO COMING OUT OF THE BERM SPINNING
SPRAYING DUST
PETER AIRING OUT OVER THE MOUNTAINS
PETER
11 YEAR OLD RIPPING 
THE YOUNGER BROTHER CHASING AFTER
I LIKE THIS SHOT ALOT
SERGIO GAPPING OVER HEAD
RORRO 
 SERGIO COMING IN FOR A LANDING

Alot more updates and pics to come in the next few days Fletch

No comments:

Post a Comment