Wednesday, July 18, 2012

RACE WEEKEND IS ON US


DAY-252

7/14/2012

        Did a little work on the internet and messed around with a new photo program. Walked up to the shop to say hi and see what was going on for the day they said there was no practice for the race since the course wasn’t done yet but they were still going out to check it out and help a little. They invited me along and told me to call them around to three and they would pick me up. Well that was it, it is a pain in the ass meeting new people and not being able to get a hold of them or them get a hold of me to go do cool stuff. So Rodrigo told me he would take me and help me get a cheap phone that I can use all over South America with different sim cards. Sweet we headed toward the market and I was able to pick one up with a sim card that had a free 10 Bolivian credit for 24 bucks total! So now I have a phone and I called Nicky at three. He picked me up and we headed with his friends for the MX track. On the way in there was a truck at the bottom of the hill collecting water they were friends of Nicky so we got out and helped them fill up two huge water containers in the back of their truck with the use of gas pumps. We followed the truck up to the track and helped water the 60-70ft table top take off and shape it a little. Then we all walked the track picking up rocks from baseball to bowling ball size haha the track is a soft, dusty, and rocky track, but looks like a hell of a good time. After we finished up we headed for a local steak place and there was 10 of us and we ate and drank for 60 bucks that’s 6 bucks each!!!!! I had the steak that is from the back hump of the bull. It was really good and very interesting, it was a dry-ish piece of meat but with 50/50 meat to fat and was seasoned perfect so good, then I also tried a slab of Tenderloin and one other cut I cannot recall. Such a good time even though I didn’t talk too much just enjoyed listening the best I could and the company was incredible with no tourist in sight. I caught a ride back to my hostal with Gus and was asked to join him for a beer or two in a couple of hours. I laid down let the steak settle and then headed for the local bar to have a beer or two, I was tired so I wasn’t going to stay to long. I had two beers and met his friends and hung out enjoying the conversation between his friends broken English and my Broken Broken Spanish!! It was a fun night and I truly enjoyed it, but by 11 I was exhausted from the day so I headed for home.
CLEANING AND POLISHING MY GEAR
COLLECTING WATER
FILLING UP THE TANKS
WATERING THE TAKE OFF OF THE 60-70FT TABLE TOP OFF
NICKY STANDING ON THE LANDING
CHECK OUT HOW ROCKY THE RACK IS

No comments:

Post a Comment