Monday, January 9, 2012




Woke up this morning and realized I didn’t want to leave El Salvador, so I didn’t. I headed back North to Playa El Tunco, a little surfer paradise. I showed up to a little hostel near the beach and right away saw a friend that I had met in Puerto Escondido Mexico. I hung out and surfed for 3 great days. I met so many awesome new friends. We had great family dinners and just amazing times.  El Salvador has the nicest, greatest people. Matt from Holland gave me a sweet bracelet thingy and now I am part of the BRACLET BRAHS!!!



            Woke up this morning still not feeling great and my feet are swollen- weird. I didn’t want to leave, but I knew it was time to make my way toward Nicaragua. So I loaded up the bike dripping sweat and headed south down the coast. It was a nice road lots of potholes, the road ran next to the coast then into the fields and back to the coast. I felt horrible the whole ride, but at the end of the day I started to feel much better. I rode for only 3hrs until I came upon a small beach town right before Honduras. I found a cheap place to sleep for 6 bucks right on the beach. I went for an hour or so walk up the beach then to a little fishing village which just had boat come in with fresh fish. I was walking back into the compound when I walked by a couple who looked very familiar. I then saw two scooters one with a surf rack, I had definitely had met that couple before in Antigua. I headed back to their table and started talking with them. We had met in Antigua only for 5 minutes when we were both looking for a hostel with safe parking. They were from Holland and had flown to Mexico, bought scooters had a surfboard rack welded to one of the bikes. They are following the West Coast all the way down to Panama on 125cc and 150cc Scooters, so awesome. The guy was making me laugh when he was telling stories of trying to cross the 30+miles of wind from Puerto to Guatemala. He said they couldn’t ride it they were all over the place wrecking and falling over so finally had to hitch hike with the scooters and made it.

            I didn’t eat all day, just wasn’t feeling it until 7pm when I had a huge plate of Pasta. I figured out my route that I wanted to take from there to Nicaragua. I sent out an email to the family let them know I was doing two border crossing and would be in Nicaragua by the next night and then I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment