Friday, February 3, 2012




About thirty minutes ago around 7pm I had to make the hardest decision of the trip…. I felt worse than I have been feeling for the past month today and yesterday. After consulting with a lot of people from friends, nurses from home who talked with their doctors, two doctors, and my Global Rescue Doctor. They all basically called me an idiot for thinking about getting on a boat tomorrow and being in the middle of the Atlantic for the next 5 days nowhere near help. Due to the fact they think there is a good chance I might have a blood clot. And a blood clot is not a joking matter so I am told. Luckily I get my deposit back and passport back from the captain and will be leaving Clay and heading back to Panama to go get an Ultra Sound and a physical to figure out what the hell is going on with me. I did not want to throw in the towel we worked so hard to figure out a way to Columbia and I am so close. But at the end of the day obviously the RISKS are not worth it. I will figure out a different way to Columbia, although I was just told that if I can figure this all out another boat with space for a bike is leaving on the 10th. I am going to cut this short and go make some dinner and go to bed, feeling pretty crappy at the moment. Will update tomorrow after Hospital visit.

I will be healthy and riding again soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment