Tuesday, November 20, 2012

FARM LIFE


Thumb Farm life
DAY-372
11/9/2012
Loaded up the bike pretty fast and headed North toward Brazil; I passed my road and kept going 3km’s to get gas and a snack. I got onto a dirt road and headed down it for 100+km’s it was a nice road just fast dirt cutting through the country side. I landed onto a paved road and rallied that for another 100km’s or so and stopped for something to eat and drink. Two nice Ninja 600’s pulled up and were talking about the motorcycle meeting, one of the largest in South America going on this weekend in Melo (where I was headed). I raged for another 100km’s or so and found a nice pull off over looking farm lands and rolling hills of Uruguay. I was about 8km’s out from Melo and started looking for Marcelo’s farm where his brother was going to meet up with me.. I saw it and pulled up; Pablo, Luis, and their 12 dogs came to meet me at the gate. I pulled in leaving the bike in the barn took off my upper protection and walked out of the barn.
“Do you know how to ride a horse?”
“ ugh… yeah sure I do….”
“Cool lets go..”
“Shit”
So we saddled up and we were off, they were laughing at me cuz I looked like a noob.. I started laughing saying I hadn’t ridden since I was a kid.. haha We all had a good laugh as I struggled to ride a crazy ass horse, who didn’t speak English, with me on the back pretty much pissing it off and killing it hahaha. I was still wearing my Klim Pants, just bouncing all around.. haha We rode about 10km’s through fields, creeks, dirt roads, and lots of gates; until we arrived and handed over the two horses Pablo had been trailing after his horse to his friend from another farm. Lets talk about horses.. where the hell is the kill switch and or Breaks!!! F-ing hell, this thing is crazy…. Hahaha We then rode back another 10km’s back to the house.
As we get back I realize I left my nice sunglasses at the river and we grab the truck and rally back to get them and lucjkily found them. I met their dad who is a super nice guy, although we have a little trouble communicating with my horrible Spanish.. haha We sat out drinking some beers and of course having Asado which consisted of a massive Veal Chop…so so Good

DAY-373-374
11/10-11/2012
FARM LIFE, FARM JOE STYLE
I woke up crushed, my back was all locked up and my stomach feels like I did a thousand sit ups.. We headed into town to grab some oil so I can do and oil change and change my spark plug, she is starting to run off again, I hope it is that she is just running super rich since she is still kicking out a lot of black smoke.. They said usually there is like over 2,000 bikes come to this meeting every year, well it is dumping buckets of rain and we only saw maybe 200 bikes and no bikers… although did see a busa, couple liter bikes, Harleys, and a lot of beers.
We took an easy rainy day on the farm just eating a lot and finished it off with another Asado.. ugh I have eaten so so much since being in Argentina/ Uruguay.. it’s all I do I think. So when I was with Marcelo he showed me pics of him killing and butchering sheep!! I want to do that I told him he laughed and said I probably could at his brothers farm. Pablo told me to wake up by 7:30am to milk some dang ol’ cows!!!

MAKING MY WAY

SHREDDING



WELL THIS IS A DIFFERENT VIEW

AT THE WATERING HOLE





I THINK I BROKE IT

ASADO!!!!

OSTERICH EGG


HARDBOILED

No comments:

Post a Comment